Fashion shows are big business. Whether you’re a model walking the runway or a fan watching from the audience, there are a lot of details to keep track of. No need to worry, we are here to guide you with everything you need to know to prep for the upcoming 2022 Paris Fashion Week.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the history of the Paris Fashion Show, how fashion weeks work, the dates for Paris Fashion Week, and who the biggest names are.
What is Paris fashion week?
This is also an opportunity for designers to show their collections to press, media and buyers before they launch them for retailers across Europe and beyond. Every year, the big names from the fashion industry come together to showcase their creations.
Some of the biggest names including Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Hermés, Fendi, Balenciaga, Balmain and Stella McCartney have already announced collections for Paris fashion week. For a complete list of what designers will be showcasing at Paris Fashion week, see PFW’s official website.
When does the First Paris Fashion Week Event for 2022 Start?
The dates vary each year and are set by the French Fashion Federation. The first event for Paris Fashion Week 2022 starts on February 28, 2022 and runs through March 8, 2022.
Who are the top fashion influencers?
There might be thousands of people in Paris but only a few are capable of influencing and pushing the trends that make it onto the runways. These include bloggers, vloggers and celebrities like Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Selena Gomez, Adriana Lima, Karolina Kurkova, Alexa Chung, Lily Collins, Emily Ratajkowski, Hailey Baldwin, Karlie Kloss and many others.
Don’t u wanna be them?— Excuse Prada (@ExcusePrada) June 4, 2021
Bella Hadid and Irina Shayk for CR runway x Luisaviaroma 90th anniversary pic.twitter.com/3WpB9c88JN
Each one can influence hundreds of millions of people around the world. Their followers are often eager to hear what they think of the latest trends as well as the latest products hitting shelves. We all want to look fabulous and feel confident in our personal style. So if you want to get into the swing of things, follow some fashion influencers to keep up with the hottest trends!
Will I be able to Stream Paris Fashion Week Live Online?
Yes, you can stream the Paris fashion week live on your laptop, tablet or smartphone. You can catch the latest trends being presented and listen to the commentary from all the speakers. If you love fashion then you have probably already seen some of the most talked-about designers and brands from Paris fashion week past. You can also see what will be happening next season.
If you are unable to attend the event in person, there are several Paris Fashion Week streaming options available. The first place to check PFW’s official website. At the PFW site, you will find a complete calendar of streams along with some great background information and interviews with some of the top designers.
History of Paris Fashion Week
Paris Fashion Week (PFW) is an international fashion event that takes place in Paris, France. It’s one of the biggest fashion weeks in the world and it’s divided into two parts: Spring/Summer collections show off their new designs to buyers, media, celebrities and everyday people; while Autumn/Winter collections show off their designs to just buyers and industry insiders.
Is The Weeknd the New Prince of Pop, let us know your thoughts
It became a tradition for well-known designers to present their collections at this event. The first ever show was by Edward Molyneux on February 24th 1947 at 30 avenue Montaigne. From then on, PFW has become an annual event – happening 11 times a year – where over 100 top designers unveil the past season’s most important pieces.
The first fashion week in Paris was held on February 24th 1947 at 30 avenue Montaigne. It was the initiative of Edward Molyneux and Yves Saint Laurent who were two designers from a fashion house called Bourjois.
What is the Timeline, What to Expect?
The Paris fashion week is an event that starts with a gala dinner and ends with runway shows. The following timeline describes the basic sequence of events that take place in the relatively short span of time between the beginning of fashion week and its final conclusion.
- The gala dinner where invited representatives from various fashion houses and other people concerned with the international fashion world gather to discuss business, social issues, trends, etc.
- The catwalk shows follow the dinner.
- The final stage of the fashion week is the “after-show parties.” This stage is usually reserved for celebrities and other members of the fashion world to relax and have fun, even though some deal making takes place here as well.
- After the Paris Fashion Week the collections are brought to the shops around the world.
What Type of Shows Are Available at Paris Fashion Week?
The following 10 types of shows are the most common to occur during Paris fashion week:
- Stand-up shows are usually held at famous venues such as Les Invalides, Porte de Versailles, and others. It is also common for designers to hold a stand-up show at their own company headquarters.
- Runway shows are held in Paris, usually, at various locations around the city.
- Opening / Closing shows are held at famous venues such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and others.
- Galas are typically sponsored by a public or private organization, such as Sidaction and Rencontres de Poupée in 2012.
- Press shows involve models and celebrities to understand new trends and generate interest in new fashion items
- Parisian shows take place in smaller venues, like the home show of Haider Ackermann shown in his apartment on rue de l’Université in Paris.
- Shows for young designers such as Etudes Studio, Istylist, and Stéphane Rolland Collection are held at more intimate locations like restaurants, clubs and boutique hotels like Hôtel du collectionneur or Hôtel Costes.
- Showrooms represent one of the most important places in Paris Fashion Week. They are an opportunity for fashion buyers and editors to see the work of designers outside a large showroom or venue.
- Private shows are small shows held by fashion houses that want to generate interest in their collections from a very specific target group.
- The “Meet and Greet” is a very popular event during Paris Fashion Week, where models, celebrities and members of the press are invited to meet and get acquainted with famous designers.
Paris Fashion Week is the most important event in terms of fashion in Europe. It can be considered one of the most influential fashion events in the world. It is a great opportunity for designers to present their collections to buyers, media, celebrities and everyone else interested.
Let us know what you are most excited about in the comments below.